Islamabad (August 30, 2017): The Chairman of JS Bank Ali J Siddiqui has been appointed as special assistant to Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.
According to PM House spokesperson the federal cabinet has issued the notification of his appointment after the approval of PM Abbasi.
Click Play Button To Watch This Video
The notification said that Ali J Siddiqui has been appointed as Special Assistant to PM Abbasi as he will enjoy the status of state minister as well.Ali J Siddiqui, currently serving as chairman of JS Bank Ltd.
Ali J Siddiqui is the son of businessman and philanthropist Jahangir Siddiqui, the founder of JS Group of companies.
The special assistant will have the same status as a state minister.
Profile – Ali Jehangir Siddiqui
• Ali is Chairman JS Private Equity Management, Pakistan’s largest private equity firm, which he founded and is also the Chairman of JS Bank.
Experience in Government
• He has previously served as:
– Member of the Privatisation Commission
– Member of the Private Sector Advisory Board of the Planning Commission
– Member of the Sindh Board of Investment
– Board Member of the Community Development Board of the Government of Sindh.
• In an honorary capacity, Ali serves as CEO of the Mahvash and Jahangir Siddiqui Foundation (“MJSF”), based in Pakistan that makes grants to the education, healthcare and social enterprise sectors.
• He has worked in natural disaster zones in Pakistan and has a strong personal commitment to finding new solutions to disaster response.
• As a result, aside from to making grants, MJSF directly provides emergency relief in humanitarian crises and implements projects in disaster zones.
• In partnership with certain other institutions, MJSF established the Karachi School of Business and Leadership in Pakistan, which is a new graduate business school in collaboration with the Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge.Commitment to Academia
• In 2014, Ali was a guest lecturer at National Defence University and in 2013 he was a Visiting Faculty Member of the National School of Public Policy. He lectured on energy security and related policymaking.
• In 2012, he taught emerging markets entrepreneurship as an Executive-in-Residence at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia.
• In 2014, he was honored by the World Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader.
• He holds a B.A. in Economics from Cornell University.