DOHA: The Taliban spokesperson Sohail Shaheen said on Tuesday that the ceasefire was not agreed between Taliban and US before the signing of accord and after the accord the attacks would have been ultimately ended.
Suhail Shaheen, a spokesman for the Taliban’s political office in Doha, where negotiations have been taking place, said an agreement had been “finalised” a few days ago and that both sides agreed the deal would be announced by the Qatari government.
“Everyone was satisfied,” he wrote on Twitter. “At this time, the disappointing President Trump’s tweets have been unbelievable and certainly damaged his credibility.”
The US secretary of state Mike Pompeo said on Sunday that talks could be reopened with “a significant commitment” from the Taliban.
Bloodletting has continued in the battered country despite the negotiations, including a car bomb on Thursday a fortified area near the green zone.
The spokesperson of Secretary-General UN António Guterres urged to end the attacks in Afghanistan.