Rawalpindi (August 28, 2017): Rawalpindi Corps Commander Lieutenant General Nadeem Raza on Monday visited the Line of Control (LOC) in Hot Spring and Puna sectors where India had committed ceasefire violation targeting innocent civilians yesterday.
According to ISPR statement, the corps commander appreciated effective response given by Pakistan Army to Indian ceasefire violations and said that such response shall continue to protect our Kashmiri brothers.
Click Play Button To Watch This Video
Earlier, Pakistan on Monday lodged a protest against ‘unprovoked’ Indian ceasefire violations in Azad Jammu and Kashmir yesterday, which killed three members of a family and critically injured two others.
The casualties occurred when a mortar shell landed on the house of a retired schoolteacher in Fatehpur village in the Nezapir sector in Haveli district between 10pm and 11pm, police said.
The Foreign Office (FO) Director General (South Asia & SAARC) Muhammad Faisal summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner J.P. Singh and “condemned the unprovoked ceasefire violations by Indian occupation forces in [the] Rawalakot Sector on August 27”, an FO handout read.Faisal urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Agreement and to maintain peace along the LoC. He asked them to investigate this and other reported violations, and urged the Indian side to permit the United Nations Military Observers group in India and Pakistan to play the role mandated under the UN Security Council resolutions.
The FO statement claimed there had been over 600 Indian ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary this year, which claimed the lives of 28 civilians and wounded 113 others, as compared to 382 violations last year.The last casualty along the LoC was reported on Aug 21, when a 45-year-old woman was injured in the Dhal Khambah village of Bhimber district.