Federal Education Ministry has finalized COVID-19 SOPs under which all educational institutions, including public and private schools, colleges, universities, and madrassas, across Pakistan will be reopened from 15th September.
The final decision to reopen schools will be taken in the meeting of the National Command and Control Centre (NCOC) on 7th September.
The COVID-19 SOPs for reopening of educational institutes are as follows:
- Both students and staff members will be screened for coronavirus symptoms before entering the premises of the institute.
- Any student or a staff member exhibiting symptoms will not be allowed to enter the premises and will be taken immediately to a nearby COVID-19 isolation center for further assessment.
- Both students and staff members are required to wear face masks all the time while ensuring social distancing and frequent hand washing.
- All schools will operate in two shifts of 4 hours each.
- Parents are required to pick and drop children to avoid the use of public transport.
- Daily assemblies and other events will remain suspended until further orders.
- Students will be accorded breaks and are encouraged to bring food from home to avoid overcrowding in canteens.
Education Ministry has directed the administrations of all educational institutes to ensure adherence to the COVID-19 SOPs to prevent students and staff members from contracting the virus.
Moreover, heads of all educational institutions have been ordered to organize meetings with parents and take them on board to ensure compliance with the SOPs.
Do you think COVID-19 SOPs will be followed in educational facilities across the country? Let us know in the comments section.
The post Education Ministry Issues COVID-19 SOPs For Reopening Educational Institutes appeared first on .