KARACHI: An infant on Thursday died after serious burn injuries after an incubator caught fire at Karachi’s National Institute of Child Health (NICH).

Director NICH confirmed the incident, saying that the incubator caught fire inside intensive care unit (ICU) of the hospital and a newborn girl was scorched.

The Director NICH Dr Jamal Raza said that investigation has commenced ascertaining the reasons for the sorrowful incident.

It is pertinent to mention here that fire had erupted at nursery established in the gynecology ward few days ago at the hospital.

Originally Posted on Abbtak TV


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.