Islamabad (August 8, 2017): Foreign Office Spokesperson Nafees Zakaria has rejected Afghan governor’s allegations against military operation Khyber-IV and said that effective border management is imperative to curb cross-border movement of terrorists.
Responding to a media query regarding statement attributed to the Governor of Afghan province of Kunar, the Foreign Office Spokesperson Nafees Zakaria rejected allegations that military operation Khyber-IV is meant to push militants into Afghanistan.
He said Khyber-IV is part of the ongoing counter-terrorism operation Radd-ul-Fasaad and our security forces have achieved success in fighting back terrorists. The spokesperson said Afghan Defence authorities were accordingly informed about operation Khyber-IV.
The political leadership of the two countries, the spokesperson said, had agreed that the two sides would coordinate and cooperate in their action to eradicate the menace of terrorism, which was a common challenge.
He said the Afghan defence authorities were accordingly informed about the operation Khyber-IV. “So far we have received no support from Afghanistan in operation Khyber IV,” he added.