LAHORE: Federal Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan while announcing to make the report of Karachi plane crash public on June 22 said that the data and voice box have been recovered and no one has yet been held responsible for the accident.
Talking to media persons at a press conference, Aviation Minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan said that he appeals everyone to not hurt public sentiment before the inquiry report is made public. The Board of Investigation is conducting the inquiry under responsible officers, he added.
Ghulam Sarwar Khan said that separate inquiries were being carried out into the aircraft and engine involved in the accident but so far, no one has been implicated. He said that Pilot Sajjad Gul had a clean 25-year flying history, and it would not be appropriate to pass judgement before the inquiry report arrives.
Answering a question, the Federal Minister said that he has not been asked to resign and the inquiry report will determine who was at fault, after which appropriate action will be taken against those responsible.
He said that everyone is deeply saddened by the plane crash which took the lives of many people on board, including the crew. He reiterated that the preliminary inquiry report will be made public on June 22.
The Federal Minister said that Rs 1 million has been distributed to the families of each passenger. He said that in the street where the plane crashed, three girls who used to work in houses suffered burns, one of whom later died, their families will also be compensated.