House-to-house search launched in Quetta

0
83
House-to-house search launched in Quetta
House-to-house search launched in Quetta

QUETTA: In view of the recent spate of target killings and bombings in Quetta, the Frontier Corps Balochistan (FC), along with the police, launched a house-to-house search operation in parts of the provincial metropolis late Friday night.

“More than 3,000 security personnel and 208 teams – also featuring 208 ladies personnel – are participating in the operation,” said FC Commander Quetta Brigadier Khalid Baig while speaking to the media at the Sector Headquarter help centre on Saturday.

Suicide car bombing kills 13 in Quetta

Starting from Kili Deeba, the search operation would cover Baloch Colony, Railway Colony and Wahdat Colony areas of Quetta sprawling over 300 square kilometres, he said, adding that the operation would continue for the next 24 hours.

Brigadier Baig said the operation had been started by blocking all the adjoining areas. He said information would be collected by checking each and every house, and after the operation the area would be monitored through nine check posts and 36 CCTV cameras.

Keeping in view the difficulties of local people, six medical camps had been set up in the area, he said, adding that gifts were also distributed among the people in the parts of the areas where the operation had been completed.

Balochistan: Five killed in separate road accidents

The commander said that the FC and police were playing their role in ensuring the protection the lives of citizens. He said that 7,500 houses were located in the area with close to one million inhabitants.

He added that finger prints of all the people living in the area would be verified by NADRA and suspected people would be arrested.

In response to a question, Brigadier Baig said two intelligence-based operations were being carried out daily in the provincial capital, adding that there were threats to Marriabad and Hazara Town areas. He added in view of these threats vehicles were also being monitored.

Three policemen martyred in Quetta firing

In response to another question, he said by spending $44 million in Balochistan, India wanted to destabilise the province through banned organisations. However, he added that the intelligence agencies, army, FC, police and other law enforcement agencies were foiling their conspiracies.

He said that details of the operation would be shared with the media once it got completed.

The post House-to-house search launched in Quetta appeared first on The Express Tribune.

Originally Posted on Tribune

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here