The federal government has taken another big step towards empowering Pakistani women with the launch of the “Baytee” program.
The ultimate goal of “Baytee” initiative is to empower women by using technology.
In this regard, a meeting was arranged in the secretariat of the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication (MOITT) on Thursday. Federal IT Minister, Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, presided the meeting.
Senior officials from the Ministry of IT briefed the meeting that under the program, a mobile application will be developed, which will serve as a centralized information hub regarding important services for women.
Using the “Baytee” mobile application, women will be able to:
- Find advocacy programs on women rights
- Receive news about laws and regulations regarding women rights
- Inquire about schools and scholarships for women
- Find nearby job and training opportunities
- Seek health services in their area
- Get information about the nearest woman police station and hostels
The “Baytee” application will also provide women with the information of all public and private sector women empowerment projects. Besides, a dedicated helpline will also be available for women under the “Baytee” project.
Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui lauded the initiative and ordered to expedite the development of “Baytee” mobile app.
The post IT Ministry to Launch “Baytee” Mobile App for Women appeared first on .