Lahore; Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly and PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif on Friday asked the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) to grant him an extension for his appearance, stating that medical professionals had “advised him to restrict his movements due to life-threatening risks associated with Covid-19” as he was a cancer survivor.

In a reply submitted to the bureau today, Shehbaz said he had been questioned “at great length about his entire career and assets while in NAB’s custody on physical remand” and “furnished whatever information was sought and was available”.

“All call up notices were replied [to] within the [given] time and full cooperation was extended, including personal appearances.”

Commenting on his reason for not appearing, Shehbaz said: “I am a 69-year-old cancer survivor due to which I have low immunity. Medical professionals have advised me to restrict movement and limit exposure due to life-threatening risks associated with Covid-19.”

In a fresh questionnaire sent to Shehbaz, NAB had said multiple call up notices, along with questionnaires, were issued to the PML-N leader but his replies were found “unsatisfactory, incomplete and evasive”.

Shehbaz was also asked to provide the complete details of his business income as claimed before the Federal Board of Revenue, along with investment and its volume and expenditures incurred during the period when his Model Town residence was declared the chief minister house/camp office.

Originally Posted on Abbtak TV

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.