Karachi (November 11, 2017): Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQP) Chief Farooq Sattar has said that administration has given permission to MQM-P leadership to visit ‘Yadgar-e-Shuhada’.
Talking to media at MQM’s temporary headquarters at Bahadurabad, Sattar said that only MQM-P leadership and members of Rabita Committee were allowed to visit ‘Yadgar-e-Shuhada’.
He added that MQM workers and supporters were not allowed. Sattar said that the reason given for denying permission to MQM-P workers and supporters was not digestible at least for them.Sattar told journalists that he was unable to digest the reasons given for not allowing party workers to visit the party-martyrs memorial site. He added, that after great difficulty only the party’s leadership has been given permission to visit the memorial site.
Sattar said that the administration says MQM-P leaders and workers faced threat to their life so they should not go there. Sattar added that Nov 5 rally in Karachi proved they succeeded in establishing a ‘neat and clean’ MQM.Earlier, the MQM-P chief addressed the media outside his house along with his mother.
Addressing the media before her son, Farooq Sattar’s mother told journalists she had told her only son to join the party. She stressed that her son has made many sacrifices over the years. She reiterated that Sattar viewed everyone through the same lens. She prayed for the martyrs before handing blessing her son ahead of his visit.
Earlier on Saturday morning, Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan changed its decision of marching from Aisha Manzil to Yadgar-e-MQM-Shuhada in Azizabad area of the city, instead only the party chief, Farooq Sattar, along with Rabita Committee members will visit the memorial.
According to a spokesperson of MQM-P, the party chief will say prayers for the deceased at Yadgar-e-MQM-Shuhada.