Karachi (August 29, 2017): Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan leader Farooq Sattar said on Tuesday claimed that urban Sindh population was deliberately shown less in provisional results of population.
Addressing a press conference, Sattar said that Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur will not get any benefits as a result of the census.
The MQM leader feared that Karachi and Hyderabad will not be given their due share inl development funds as a result of the census.
He said that they would not accept these results. He said that the census was not an issue of MQM rather each and every resident of Urban Sindh.
He said that Census commissioner Asif Bajwa had done injustice to them. He announced that MQM would hold protest against the result on September 10.
Meanwhile, Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP) also rejected the results of the census.
In a press conference on Tuesday, PSP leader Anis Advocate said they would take to street against the provisional results after Eid.
He said that some people were trying to foment instability through the census results. He called for bringing forth the ‘true’ results of the census.
Sindh government had already rejected the results of census.
Terming the results a conspiracy against the province by the federal government, senior Pakistan People’s Party leader Nisar Khuhro said the provincial government will not let the province be treated in an unfair manner.