The NSC meeting had categorically rejected the statement of Nawaz Sharif. The participants termed the remarks as contrary to the facts and said that Indian government didn’t present evidence for investigation.
They observed that it was very unfortunate that the opinion arising out of either misconceptions or grievances was being presented in disregard of concrete facts and realities.
Know More: Indian media trumpeted Sharif s remarks in wrong way, says PM Abbasi
Speaking to journalists outside accountability court, Nawaz maintained that NSC’s declaration was not based upon facts and the related situation.
“The people should know who inflicted the country to this point,” he stressed.
Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had on Saturday revealed in an interview that those who attacked hotel in Mumbai in 2008 hailed from Pakistan.
Speaking to Dawn newspaper, Nawaz Sharif asked if we should allow non-state actors “to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai”.
He said: “Militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?” — a reference to the Mumbai attacks-related trials which have stalled in a Rawalpindi anti-terrorism court.
Meanwhile, the interview has stirred a storm as Indian media has turned his statement into a charge sheet against Pakistan for being involved in the Mumbai attacks.
On the other hand, a German journalist, Elys Davidson in his book last year revealed that the Mumbai attack was masterminded by Israel and America and the facts were distorted by the Indian government.
According to the book, many witnesses saw Ajmal Kasaab and others gathering in Nariman House two days before the incident, but the Indian investigative agencies never included their statements in the investigation report.