ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday ordered concerned government authorities to announce the names of officers in public, who were involved in a fraud in Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP).
A report about the names of the officers deleted from the BISP beneficiary list was submitted to the prime minister, sources said.
Prime Minister Imran Khan expressed his anger over the matter and directed concerned authorities to announce the names of the officers in public, involved in the fraud. “Those involved in robbing the poor from their entitlement could not be let free,” prime minister said.
“The names of those plundering the money should be made public,” Imran Khan said.
The names of influential government officials (involved in scam) will not remain under the curtain, sources said.
Concerned authorities will initiate implementation of the instructions of the prime minister, according to the sources.
According to the report revealed in National Assembly on January 8 overall 2543 government officials of Grade-17 to Grade-21 were receiving the BISP tri-monthly handouts, meant for the poor segments of the society.
The federal government had launched disciplinary action against the public officers of grade 17 and above who had been receiving financial assistance from the BISP.