Karachi (November 3, 2017): The judicial remand of Sharjeel Memon and other accused in over Rs five billion corruption case has been extended for two days on Friday by accountability court.
The accountability court hearing 5.76 billion corruption case against Sharjeel Memon and other accused has given go head in extension of two days judicial remand of all accused.
The accused will be produced before the court on November 4.Memon, a suspect in a Rs5.7 billion corruption case, was taken by authorities from the lockup to the assembly amid high security. He is on judicial remand until November 4.
NAB officials had also arrested 11 co-accused in the case who had been accompanied Memon in the court. Out of the 11, five had handed over themselves to NAB officials whereas the remaining seven were arrested along with Memon. One accused in the case had been granted extension in his bail.
On November 1, Former Sindh information minister and Pakistan Peoples’ Party provincial legislator Sharjeel Inam Memon deplored the dual standards of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
While addressing the Sindh Assembly session, Memon asked why his name was put on the Exit Control List while he was abroad.“I request NAB Chairman to tell me the criteria to put people’s name on ECL,” he said. ” Mian Nawaz Sharif is facing NAB references, has his name been put on ECL? Ishaq Dar is facing references, has his name been put on ECL?.”
He said that in a letter to Chief Minister, he has stated that even if NAB laws becomes ineffective in Sindh, he doesn’t want his cases to be shifted to the new accountability commission as he wants to fight his case according to NAB laws.
“I am ready to defend myself in any court, it was much easier for me to remain abroad. But I preferred to face court and answer all charges leveled against me,” Memon said.