The number of new COVID-19 cases in Pakistan dropped to 208 with 112 of them from Punjab only on April 8th, 2020. New cases dropped from a high of 577 cases reported on 7th, and 397 cases reported on April 6th.
Total cases of coronavirus in Pakistan reached 4,072 on April 8th, 2020.
There were four more deaths reported yesterday, with one each from Balochistan, Sindh, Punjab, and KP.
A total of 42,159 tests have been conducted so far, with 3,076 tests conducted over the past 24 hours, out of which 208 tested positive.
New suspected cases stood at 2,029, down from 2,050 a day ago, showing that things seem to be under control.
Check below graphs and tables for more specific details of Coronavirus situation in the country:
New Positive Cases Per Day
New Deaths Per Day
Coronavirus related deaths stood at 4 on April, 8th, 2020, which is consistent with what we saw a day ago. Total deaths stood at 58 and slowing down of fatalities has decreased the growth rate and increased the doubling period.
|Region||Total Cases||Cases in 25 Hrs||Deaths||in last 24 Hrs|
Breakdown of Cases
- Zaireen from Iran: 1,348 (33%) – 119 new cases in last 24 hours
- Foreign Returners from Other Countries: 1,002 (25%)
- Tableeghi Jamaat: 711 (17%) – 161 new cases in last 24 hours
- Other Local Tranmission: 1,011 (25%)
Total Tests Conducted
|Region||Tests Conducted||Last 24 Hours|
*Tests for Punjab are for both Public and Private Labs
|Region||Total Cases||Last 24 Hours|
- Suspected cases are those who are under quarantine facility or those awaiting test results
Hospitalized / Quarantined Patients
- Total No. of Patients Currently Admitted: 1,339
- Clinically Stable: 1,314
- In Critical Condition / On Ventilator: 25
- Quarantine at Home or Elsewhere: 2,208
- Recovered and Discharged: 467
The post Situation Report: New Cases Slow Down After a Two Day Spike [April 8th] appeared first on .