ISTANBUL: Turkish authorities on Thursday issued arrest warrants for 35 employees of media groups, including national newspaper journalists, on suspicion of links to the alleged mastermind of the failed July 15 coup Fethullah Gulen, the state-run news agency said.
Nine people have been detained so far in the operation, Anadolu news agency said, adding they were accused of using a messaging app allegedly used by Gulen to mobilise followers in Turkey and of membership of a “terror” group.
On May 5, Turkey’s judicial authorities announced the sacking of over 100 more judges and prosecutors deemed to be followers of the alleged mastermind of the July 15 failed coup, in a purge that shows no sign of letting up.
The Supreme Board of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK) said that 107 judges and prosecutors were being fired in the latest wave of the purge against alleged supporters of the US-based preacher Fethullah Gulen.
They are also the target of an arrest warrant but it was not clear if any had been detained so far.
The post Turkey seeks arrest of 35 media workers over alleged Gulen links: report appeared first on The Express Tribune.