Victims of Sahiwal incident laid to rest

Victims of Sahiwal incident laid to rest
The victims of those killed in an alleged encounter by the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) in Sahiwal were laid to rest on Sunday.

The funeral prayers were held at Ferozpur Road near Shanghai Bridge and thousands of people attended the funeral prayers. Extra police force was deputed on the occasion to avoid any untoward incident.

Khalil, his wife Nabeela and daughter Areeba were laid to rest in a graveyard in Kahna.

The heirs of Zeeshan announced not to bury his remains until the justice is delivered.

The heirs of Zeeshan also demanded Punjab Law Minister Raja Basharat to step down from his post. They said that the minister declared the deceased a terrorist, adding that the protest would continue until the justice is delivered.

Meanwhile, Relatives of the victims staged demonstration against the killings in an alleged encounter and blocked Ferozpur road for traffic.

In Lahore, the protesters blocked Ferozepur Road at Chungi Amar Sadhu. They said that innocent citizens have been killed in the name of terrorists. Heavy contingent of police had been deployed at the Ferozepur Road.

Four persons including two women were shot dead by the CTD officers in a purportedly high-speed pursuit in Qadirabad area of Sahiwal city.

CTD claimed that the ‘terrorists’ were killed in an intelligence-based operation (IBO). Three other terrorists including Shahid Jabar and Abdul Rahman managed to flee during the chase near the toll plaza of Sahiwal.

CTD claimed of confiscating explosives and weapons from the car adding that officers were investigating into the matter as part of the operation in Faisalabad on January 16.

Contrarily, an eye witness has told the media that the deceased were neither equipped with any weapon nor resisted officers whereas three children were also present in the car.

The eyewitnesses further said that the children while speaking to them at a nearby petrol station claimed that the “police has killed their parents”. “Following the firing incident, the police left the children at the petrol station where they spoke to us. A few minutes later, however, CTD officials returned and took the children with them to an undisclosed location,” the eyewitnesses added.

Originally Posted on SuchTv


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.